Friday, August 22, 2014

Cat pee! AGHHHHH!

After I arrived home Jack informed me that Noir, our family indoor/outdoor kitty peed on the leather recliner in the den.  Noir is MY cat even though Jadon also claims her as his.  I LOVE my cat.  I never thought I would say that but...I do.  I rescued her from the pound several years ago.  She is a very loving cat...not like some of the antisocial ones I've encountered in the past.

Noir does not use a litter box.  She prefers to go outside.  We leave the garage door up just enough for her to go out as she needs to.  She has a litter box but never uses it.  I can't remember the last time we've bought litter.  

A few weeks back she hopped up onto my bed and before I could even realize what she was doing, she peed on my bed!  This was when I was hurting a great deal, so getting up in a hurry was quite difficult.  I suspected then that something was wrong...and now I see that I should have taken her to the vet.  So after hearing this news I immediately suspect she has a UTI...and I'm really hoping this is what it is since it can be treated.  She did it again today...and Oh...MY...Goodness...I cannot handle the smell.  I have cleaned and cleaned the recliner and the hardwood floor.  Apparently she has been frequenting this spot because there was a LOT on the floor.  I have super sonic smell so this really isn't working out for me.  I am praying very hard there is a simple solution because I have put Noir outside for the night and I am very sad (and so is she).  We will be seeing the vet tomorrow.  If you have any suggestions please let me know!  I have read all the suggestions when a cat is avoiding their litter box but she never has used one anyway so those don't really help.  

1 comment:

  1. Nature's Remedy wil help. You can get it at Petco. Love my cat. Hate, hate, HATE when he pees somewhere other than the little box!!

    ReplyDelete